Education and Training Programmes
The HOSPA Education Programmes have been devised to provide an entry route to Associate Membership Status of HOSPA, for members working in one or more of the following disciplines:
How to Apply
We are now taking enrolments for the September 2013 cohort!
To enrol for the Financial Management or Revenue Management Education Programme pleaseor alternatively download the application form below and once complete, email to the Programme Coordinator, Jane Scott at .
'In a nutshell'
For a quick overview of the Education and Training Programmes available from HOSPA, please watch the short video interview with Debra Adams, Head of Education Services.
The HOSPA Education and Training Programmes provide a framework for developing the skills and knowledge needed at first line and middle management levels.
Developed by the hospitality industry for hospitality professionals
Our courses in Financial Management and Revenue Management have been developed by leading educators in the appropriate field of expertise in conjunction with hospitality industry experts.
Earning whilst learning
Ideal as a stand-alone education programme or one that can sit alongside in-house training, our courses are pitched at undergraduate level and acknowledges the increasing significance of encouraging employees to not only obtain appropriate qualifications, but also to continue in full-time work - earning whilst learning.
Apply learning to the workplace
Our study materials utilise both contemporary terminology and professional examples from the industry, together with a mix of work-based and academic assessments. This means that learners will be able to apply what they learn directly to their workplace.
- Each programme is studied in 3 seperate Stages, each taking approximately 6 months to complete
- Learners can start in either March or September each year
- ETPFM and ETPRM courses cost £750 ex VAT per Stage
- Learners are supported by a study pack, online classroom resources and subject tutors
- The courses are assessed by a combination of assignments and examinations
In addition to developing their skills and knowledge HOSPA learners will receive:
- Complementary membership with HOSPA - click to view the full list of member benefits
- Access to an exclusive members' area of the HOSPA website
- Networking opportunities through members' meetings and online discussion forums
- Monthly copy of The Overview, our membership journal, keeping you up to date with industry data and the latest technical news on best practice
- Members' pricing to attend HOSPACE, our annual conference and exhibiton
- Associate Membership Status on completion of the course (AHOSPA Cert.)
- Enabling employees of the future
- Through employee training, businesses can benefit from improved employee retention levels, better succession planning, saving on recruitment costs and a more motivated workforce
Read the article by Debra Adams, Course Manager for the HOSPA Education and Training Programme in Financial Management, who reflects on the value of building meaningful in-house company education programmes to retain talent and develop the finance, revenue and IT professionals of thefuture.
- You are required to be numerate and literate in the English language
- Preferably hold a suitable position in a hospitality organisation
- Some qualifications held by candidates may provide exemptions from one or more stages