HOSPA is proud to partner with the Open University to offer members online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses.
These online CPD courses are ideal for busy executives wanting to up-skill. The Open University Centre for Continuing Professional Development (CPLD) has launched a range of flexible online courses especially for people who wish to extend or update their skills but who are unable to commit to long-term study.
OU CPD courses can give new skills, knowledge and ideas which can be applied in the work place. Most take around 30 hours to complete and can be studied at a time and pace to suit each individual.
HOSPA has negotiated with the Open University for HOSPA members to receive 10% off the course fees. To book a course, then click on the course title that you want to book. As part of the OU registration process you will be asked to provide the Institute's name and your current membership number. To sign up for one of these courses, simply click the relevant link, which will direct you to further information and registration instructions.
Each course, taken from the continually expanding range of online CPD courses, draws on all The Open University's expertise in work-based professional development and offers :
- Relevance to your work. Each course is designed to help you respond to the actual challenges you face in your day-to-day work
- Immediate applicability. The strong link between course learning and your work practice means that you can immediately use newly acquired skills and knowledge
- Online flexibility. Courses are chunked into convenient 1-2 hour elements to enable you to spread your skills development to keep pace with your work patterns. In total they take around 20-30 hours, starting and finishing when it suits you (within course presentation patterns)
- Online convenience. You can learn online, at work or wherever is convenient for you
- Guidance and feedback. An expert learning adviser will provide you with continuing guidance and feedback
- Action orientation. By the end of a course, you will have built your own Personal Development or Action Plan
- An Award Certificate. Each course can enhance your CV with an OU Certificate of successful completion