Salary: £22k - £35k (depending on experience and unit size)
Also known as: Sales Ledger Supervisor, Accounts Manager, Audit & Accounts Supervisor.
The role as Accounts Supervisor will be to lead and manage the accounts team and ensure that all reporting and processing requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Your duties may include
- Managing a small accounts team
- Providing guidance and support to ensure that all requirements are met timely and efficiently
- Managing the accounts payable function and make sure a high volume of invoices are processed
- Monitoring and managing payment runs
- Overseeing the sales ledger
- Preparing accounts up to trial balance
- Producing accurate management information reports on a monthly basis
- Assisting with month end reconciliations including balance sheet, bank accounts and general and nominal ledger.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrable skills to lead and motivate a team
- Understanding of the basic accounting functions and strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to perform bank reconciliations, posting accruals and prepayments and double entry bookkeeping
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and cope with pressure
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Analytical approach with good eye for detail
- Ability to use standard software applications and IT systems; technology-savvy
- Strong strategic planning
- Strong customer and colleague relation skills.
Useful Links and Resources