Salary: £20k - £40k (depending on experience and unit size)
Also known as: Director Reservations, MICE Manager, Director M&E, Manager M&E.
As Reservations Manager you would be creating rate plans, loading rates into the property management system and working with the revenue manager to boost occupancy and the average achieved room rate. You’ll also liaise with the room’s division manager to ensure that on the day occupancy is maximised.
You duties may include
- Liaising with central reservations to communicate new rate plans and promotions
- Liaising with travel agents, the revenue manager and the rooms division manager
- Assisting the sales team in setting their rates
- Maintaining the in-house reservations systems
- Forecasting revenue streams
- In smaller hotels you may be directly involved with room sales
- Managing your team effectively
- Supporting the delivery of revenue budgets
- Assisting in Rooms Revenue Forecast with the view to complete Rooms Revenue Forecast and submit to Revenue Manager on a weekly basis
- Assisting in Rate Parity issues
- To provide efficient, professional, helpful, warm welcoming and friendly service to internal and external guests
- Ensure every day running of the Reservations Department
- Ensure that Hotel Reservations policy and procedures are strictly adhered to
- To deal with guest comments and complaints in a constructive and empathetic manner.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build strong and effective working relationships and to create a rapport with guests and colleagues
- Computer literacy
- A knowledge of how each department in a hotel affects the business
- A head for figures and commercial awareness
- Able to remain focused when under pressure
- An ability to work in a flexible and motivated manner to achieve targets
- A positive, can do attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and is competent in multi-tasking and responding to business needs.
Useful Links and Resources