Salary: £20k - £45k (depending on experience and unit size)
Also known as: Regional Revenue Manager, Yield Manager.
As a Revenue Manager, you are responsibility for managing the commercial aspect within the reservations, conference & banqueting and channel distribution departments through the effective use of tools & technology, computer systems and human resources. In addition you will oversee the various processes that are required to ensure these functions operate at an optimal level.
Your duties may include
- Selling the right rate, at the right time to the right customer through the right channel
- Forecasting, budgeting, reporting, analysing information
- Looking for new and creative ways to improve revenue generation i.e. marketing campaigns
- Ensuring the team are using best practice methods through hands on training
- Dealing with HR issues and managing a large team to ensure all areas are covered
- Maximising turnover for bedrooms and meeting rooms
- Managing commission costs and ensuring the rates are set at the optimal price
- Analyse success using metrics such as RevPAR, year-on-year growth etc.
- Ability to take on new challenges requiring different strategies
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- An eye for figures, analysis and working with spreadsheets is required
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- An appropriate professional appearance and demeanour
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Useful Links and Resources