The Hotel Operations Conference 2019 < back
Exploring the investment value in hotel operations
The rise and rise of third-party managers indicates how investors in the hotel industry are beginning to demand clarity in the black box labelled “operations”. Previous approaches of putting the management of hotels into the same category as the brand offering are no longer being accepted. A clearer definition of the value created in running hotels is needed. This is not an event focused on how to be a better sous chef or what is the best way to clean a room: rather this event explores how value is created by managing chefs and housekeepers more effectively. It highlights how focused management across all aspects of the hotel business will deliver the best results and hones in on just what that management looks like. It maybe that the best approach is to have an integrated brand and management company. Or perhaps separating out the disciplines is the best way forward. Both approaches can create superior value: the key is determining how and what works best where. The Hotel Operations Conference is designed to help provide answers to these questions.
HOC 2019 topics will include….
- Pricing hotel operations
- Operators looking beyond the (white) label
- Why leading global majors still want to be in the management game
- The role of management from the chains point of view
- The human element – HR, wage costs and staffing
- Franchise management agreements – are they fit for purpose
- Delivering a service
- Maximising non room returns
- Mitigating risk: IT, data and GDPR
- Balancing the interests of owner and operator
- Controlling costs
- There is an app for that