Highest Achieving 2015 prize-winning Hospitality Financial Management and Revenue Management
Learners named by HOSPA
The 2015 Hospitality Financial Management and Revenue Management Education and Training Programme (ETP) highest achieving prize winners were announced today (20 November) in London by HOSPA – the UK’s leading educational organisation for hospitality professionals involved in Financial Management, Revenue Management and IT.
The winners are the learners who achieved the highest HOSPA ETP scores, based on their results in each of the HOSPA examination categories for the Financial Management and Revenue Management training programmes, completed in March 2015 and September 2015.
The HOSPA ETP 2015 Learner Award Winners are as follows:
The March 2015 HOSPA Financial Management Education and Training Programme prize winners were:
· Stage 1 – Introduction to Financial Accounting: Sam Willetts, Transaction Management Assistant, Jurys Inn Birmingham
· Stage 2 – Operational Management Accounting: Olivier Wentzke, Senior Finance Assistant, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
· Stage 3 – Strategic Management Accounting: Nina Fleischle, Assistant Director of Finance, Sheraton Zurich Hotel, Switzerland
The September 2015 HOSPA Financial Management Education and Training Programme prize winners were:
· Stage 1 – Introduction to Financial Accounting: Alan Eaton, Financial controller, Eynsham Hall Hotel at Witney, Oxfordshire
· Stage 2 – Operational Management Accounting: Sam Willetts, Transaction Management Assistant, Jurys Inn Birmingham
· Stage 3 – Strategic Management Accounting: Eva Stranakova, Accounts Department, Hotel Imperial, Vienna, Austria
The March 2015 HOSPA Revenue Management Education and Training Programme prize winners were:
· Stage 1: Introduction to Revenue Management: Stephanie Carvell, Group Revenue Support Manager, Bespoke Hotels
· Stage 2: Operational Revenue Management: Marisa Palmero, Cluster Revenue Executive, Malmaison and Hotel du Vin
The September 2015 HOSPA Revenue Management Education and Training Programme prize winners were:
· Stage1: Introduction to Revenue Management: Pankaj Khanna, Value Centre General Manager, Thistle London Heathrow Terminal 5
· Stage 2: Operational Revenue Management: Zena Carter, Revenue Manager, Farncombe Estate Holdings Ltd.
· Stage 3: Strategic Revenue Management: Rosalyn Qemalja, Conference and Events Sales Manager, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Nottingham-Gateway
Commenting on the winners, Debra Adams, Head of HOSPA Professional Development, said: “We have been delighted to welcome so many new learners to HOSPA’s Education and Training Programmes during 2015. The standard of achievement has been very high and we congratulate all our learners, who have successfully completed each stage of their studies during 2015. We are very proud of our prize winners who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to their careers, combining study with demanding full-time roles in the hotel and restaurant industry. Their fine achievements in the vitally important disciplines of Financial Management and Revenue Management will significantly enhance their careers and help their employers meet even more effectively today’s ever changing management challenges.
Cash prizes and certificates will be presented to the winning HOSPA ETP learners at ‘The 2015 Annual HOSPA Awards Lunch’ on Thursday, 17 December 2015, where the ‘Overall HOSPA Learner of the Year Award Winners 2015’ –for the Association’s Education and Training Programmes (ETP) in Financial Management, and Revenue Management – will be named and presented with their prizes.
The two top awards arebased on the highest combined course work and examination results, recorded in the 2015 HOSPA Education and Training Programmes (ETP) in Financial Management and Revenue Management.
The HOSPA Education and Training Programme (ETP) in Financial Management is the entry route to Associate membership of HOSPA for finance personnel in the industry. The programme provides professional development for hospitality accounting professionals wishing to gain additional skills and the knowledge required to manage hospitality finance divisions, or gain an understanding of the accounting function of a hospitality unit. The three-stage ‘blended learning’ programme, studied over three 6-month periods, provides the flexibility for accounts personnel to fit their learning around their busy working day.
In 2011,HOSPA introduced a hospitality focused ETP in Revenue Management. Written by leading educators in Revenue Management in the hospitality sector, in conjunction with leading industry experts, the course is designed to provide Revenue Managers of the future with the skills and knowledge required to manage their divisions, as well as to provide non-revenue personnel with a detailed knowledge of the function within a hospitality property.
Please see the link to the Award Winners Profile page: http://hospa.org/en/events/awards-lunch/2015-award-winners/#.VmVU-vmLQdU
Enrolment for the next intake in March 2016 – for both the Financial Management and Revenue Management programmes – is currently open. Both courses are studied in three separate Stages, each at a cost of £750 (ex VAT). For further information, visit: www.hospa.org/education; or email: email@example.com