Hoteliers Charter - Become a Member
In Association With:
The Hoteliers Charter pledge:
1. Commit to developing team members through training, apprenticeships, coaching and mentoring, positioning hotel roles as careers, not just jobs.
2. Support The Hospitality Commitment to respect team members’ work/life balance, rotas and working hours, providing sufficient notice for changes and requests. As our members trade seven days a week, a range of shift patterns are available to support working families, students and part time working.
3. Support the ambition to end low pay, believe passionately in giving people opportunities to develop their careers, and give access to financial and pension guidance.
4. Champion a fair and transparent service charge/tronc/gratuities system where all monies are distributed with only agreed costs retained.
5. Offer colleagues access to an employee assistance programme, to provide confidential support across all facets of their physical and mental wellness, both in and outside the workplace.
6. Provide a positive and nourishing workplace environment and culture for colleagues, nurturing social networks around their teams and facilitating social activities to build cohesive workplace communities.
7. Support industry charities, and other charities relating to the community they serve, respecting and encouraging colleagues’ commitments to additional community endeavours.
8. Drive environmentally sustainable businesses with a commitment to reduce, reuse and recycle, and champion the government’s commitment to be carbon neutral by 2050: and, as part of this, commit to supporting food and drink suppliers local to you
9. Advocate diversity, inclusion and equality, offering English lessons to colleagues where required and taking practical measures to make hotels accessible for all disabilities.
10. Commit to the Modern Slavery Act and ensure that all suppliers act in accordance with the core values of the Hoteliers’ Charter and The Hospitality Commitment.